Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

the trees the trees

our park is being re-done, re-vamped, re-newed.  i've known about this project for a while because i know the lady who worked incredibly hard at getting it organized and presenting the plan to the powers that be to  try to get a grant (which was awarded) and i knew that it was scheduled for this spring.  the people who worked on it really did a great job and even sent out surveys to the community about what the community would like to see in the park (if it was feasible) etc etc.  so, i knew this and i knew that some of the trees in the park would have to come down but i didn't know which ones and oh my, i just saw it for myself and almost cried:
if i was 'treebeard' i would have let out a groan.  'these trees were my friends'
in the background is a tree that is now, no longer
pen is miffed man, she loved these trees
okay, the above was a lie, she was hungry and needed a nap, and she may have been cold since she removed her hat without my noticing.
i wish i had taken pictures of these trees, they were over 100 years old and beautiful.  the park just looks naked now.  i'm sure it will be wonderful again and i'm withholding judgement (not sadness, judgement) but i'm not easily impressed by new things, i still hate blackberrys. and i think oakmont just ticked off a whole bunch of ents.... we all know what happed to isengard (okay, nerds like me know about that).

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm a nerd like you becuase I got that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you were allowed to cut down trees in Oakmont!!!
    I'll have to check it out in person, but I loved all the trees that were there, I am feeling like it must look a little bare now!
    Oh ps you still have to teach me how to be notified when someone posts on a blog
    Love ya,
    a. c.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails