Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

whiskey for nobody and beer for my garden

queen anne's lace
people who know us as teetotalers will be shocked.
is that the deacons wife purchasing beer??
it might be.
not yet, but someday soon.
slugs are killing my garden.
slugs. killed. my. lavender.
i am very upset about this.
two lavender plants, so pretty, blooming with delight are brown and dead.
since it has rained every day of the month of june and early july and slugs have invaded and somehow sucked the life out my plants.
so i've been placing peanut butter container lids filled with beer to attract and kill them.
my neighbor has given me some and i'm not above walking around her yard after her cook outs gathering left over partially filled beer cans.
i hate slugs.
once the giant wasps show up i'll probably go over the garden edge.

1 comment:

  1. I think Grandpap use to put broken egg shells around the base of plants...when the slugs slime their way over the egg shells they get cut and DIE Muahhahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails