Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

could i do it again? yes i could. and i did.... yet again

i couldn't of planned it any better.

imagine.
imagine me preparing dinner for a conference speaker and his wife, my family, and three extra guests.
start the day off making bread.
middle the the day move on to baking the bread and then searing the imprint of a pot handle heated to about 450 degrees into the palm of my hand.
then proceeding to hurriedly dump bread dough into said pot of screaming heat.
then proceeding to sear the imprint of the pot lid heated to about 450 degrees into the same hand.
yes, yes.  i did.
the first time i was distracted whilst carrying a napkin live with a heap of dough and when i turned back to my task i decided i wanted to move the pot to the other side of the sink.... forgetting that the pot was 450 degrees.
second time i was distracted by all the skin cells on my palm screaming 'i hate you you stupid idiot'.

so then penelope and i spent 20 minutes rubbing juice of an aloe leaf into our palms...

then i had to cook dinner for 8 people total with one hand...

including dessert...

whilst cleaning up my dishes in-between...

and washing the good dishes because they were dusty... grr

and my palm kept telling me i was a stupid idiot...

and my aloe leaf felt very cool...

and i was very grateful that God made aloe plants and lowes decided to sell some.

and then bo had to work overtime and the guests arrived...

and then the speaker read my baby the story she had been begging me to read to her all day but i was too busy one handedly changing table cloths...

and then the speakers wife was all the sudden in the kitchen stirring my vegetables and plating my butter...

and then she was scotch taping a piece of the aloe to my hand...

and i was totally mortified.

it probably was only five minutes between their arrival and the hiz's but it felt like an eternity.

technically dinner was on time.  speaker guests were early.  other guests were late.
i had single handedly pulled it off - ha.
i'm still mortified.
now at 8am i get to call my dr.'s office and ask what the chances are of me getting a burn cream called in because i've had another kitchen accident.
someone's trying to tell me to stop cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails