Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

a modern space & time medical miracle

t'other day i witnessed a modern space & time medical miracle.... i was in and out of the emergency room in two hours.  that's it.  just two.
the whole story is that i had a moment of un-refuteable, pure genius. whilst making dinner i tried to force the rest of a can lid off with my thumbs.... yep that's right. probably the most common kitchen related cut in the world.  you know me... i have to be different.  as i was doing it i was actually thinking to myself "i should be careful so i don't cut...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
next thing i know the tall one is standing next to me telling me to use cold water and apply pressure.  i'm still okay dokey, calm, and collected at that point.
then i had another moment of absolute, amazing, astounding genius. instead of just letting 'h to the i to the z' investigate the need or lack of need for stitches i decided to investigate with him.
here's what happened next....

me: 'i need to sit down'
hiz: 'sit down on the floor! sit down! sit down!"
action of hizzle helping me to sit down and holding me upright.
me: 'i'm going to be sick"
hiz: 'hold on! i'll get something'
me: 'the puke bucket is under the sink'.......... except that part never reached my lips
the next thing i know i'm coming to talking about my head being itchy and wondering why hizzle is an inch from my face looking terrified and hitting my cheeks saying 'kassandra! kassandra!'

poor guy.
apparently there were some very minor convulsions thrown in there too.
well since i dropped my melon with a large amount of force on the kitchen floor we decided we should go and get checked out.  spending money on large e.r. copays isn't my favorite thing to do but we hadn't forgotten about the natasha richardson tragedy and i was a goin' to the docta.
(fortunately p was watching veggie tales and missed all this.  she still thinks i got a booboo from touching the stove because that's what she's not allowed to do)
and that's when it happened.  i couldn't believe it.  in and out in two hours complete with ct scan, skin glue, diagnosis of a vago vascular something or other ('passing out'), and a print out on head injuries. i had even brought a book.  but now i realize it's my lucky book. every time i take it to any dr. appt i never get an opportunity to read it. mary poppins has some kind of sway over the medical universe and saved me from a very boring evening.  i was even home in time to watch 'dance moms'.... with a very bad headache.
(i'm okay so far... just concussion symptoms.  if heath miller can get his bell rung and live then so can i)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you're ok!! I hope you're feeling better. Head injuries are NO JOKE! And I've always been paranoid about opened can lids. I think my mom drilled it into my head that they are dangerous and terrified me when I was little. I'm going to need gloves and/or tongs now after hearing this. And I love that Mary Poppins saved you from a long night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails