Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

120 seconds scripted by a scary movie

scene:  the place of my work
characters:
     me
     esthetician E
     client C
     caller
     receptionist

action:  me sitting at the desk talking to client C pleasantly about all the things that have happened since we saw each other last.
phone rings.  esthetician E answers as she is to the side of the desk.

esthetician E: "O____ S____ C_____ , how can I help you?"
caller:            "I'm locked in the basement.  I'm locked in the basement near the window."
esthetician E: "You're locked in the basement?!"
caller:            dialtone....caller has hung up.
esthetician E: "An old man just said he was locked in the basement then he hung up."
me & client C: "What????"
esthetician E: "It sounded like an old man, he just said he was locked in the basement and then when i repeated he hung up."

we all looked curiously at each other.  i reached for the phone and pressed the call id button.  a local number was at the top of the list.  i called it.

me:              "I feel like i'm in a horror film.  what if i'm calling his murderer and telling them where he is."
receptionist: "F____ Chiropractic how can I help you?"
me:               "hi, there is an older man locked in your basement."
receptionist:  "what??"
me:               " this is O____S____C_____, we just received a call from this number from what sounded like and older man saying he was locked in the basement near a window."
receptionist:  "an older man?!  oh my goodness, that's dr. F___!"


                                                                   THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails