Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

on this day

on this day whilst sitting on the couch reading, i coughed.  not wanting to ruin this book
i turned my head and coughed all over my husband.  the end.


oh, and because it made me giggle i stopped reading after this paragraph....it seemed like a good place to end.

It was a contrast which recommended him most forcibly to her mother.  "it is enough," said she; "to say that he is unlike Fanny is enough.  It implies everything amiable.  I love him already."
"I think you will like him," said Elinor, "when you know more of him."  
"Like him!" replied her mother with a smile.  "I can feel no sentiment of approbation inferior to love."
"You may esteem him."
"I have never yet known what it was to separate esteem and love."
                                   [Jane Austen, Sense & Sensibility]

1 comment:

  1. Just reading that paragraph has made my day better...I love Sense & Sensibility (and all Jane Austen)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails